- Supervises the design, constuction and maintenance of various electrical systems and components in buildings and structures; ensures compliance with relevant building codes and safety regulations electrical.
- Evaluates electrical systems,products,components, and applicants by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements;researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and stat regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
- Maintains product data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.